Hoppin' Jalapeño With Bacon Jam 🔥🔥
This crowd-pleasing and impressive 20 minute appetizer is ideal for a bbq, tailgating or game time. The fresh bacon jam can be made in advance.
- 1 8oz package THE BIG MOO HOPPIN' JALAPEÑO Cheese
- 4 strips of bacon diced
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP white cooking wine
- Preheat grill or oven to 275
- Dice 4 strips of bacon and cook in a skillet over medium heat until crispy
- Remove bacon, sauté 1/2 sweet onion in 1 Tbsp of bacon grease and 1 Tbsp of butter
- Once onions are translucent, return bacon to skillet
- Add in 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp white cooking wine
- Cook on low for 20-30 minutes until Jam like consistency
THE BIG MOO Baked Cheese
- Cut THE BIG MOO into thirds lengthwise and skewer.
- Cook on the grill or in oven for 10 minutes at 275, flip and top with the bacon jam.
- Cook another 10 minutes and serve hot.
You might also enjoy our recipe for Bacon Breakfast Bites.
Recipe courtesy of Ricky Albright @iron_fire_cooking