Summery Cheesy Tomato Bruschetta
Our Bruschetta is the essence of summer. Served warm, it starts with a base of toasted bread, covered with a square of gooey baked cheese and a tomato - garlic - balsamic topping.
4 Heirloom tomatoes coarsely chopped
1/2 Cup fresh basil
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 loaf french bread
Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Note; the baguette can also be grilled.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch pieces and brush olive oil on both sides of each piece. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- When oven is heated, bake at 400˚F for 5 minutes then broil on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Dice tomatoes. Drain/remove any excess juice and transfer tomatoes to a medium bowl.
- Chiffonade (thinly slice the basil) and transfer sliced leaves to the bowl with tomatoes.
- Mince garlic and add to bowl.
- Season tomatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Stir gently to combine and set aside to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Cut cheese into squares with pizza cutter.
- Preheat airfryer to 350. Place in airfryer and cook for 4. minutes per side or until melty in the middle. Or grill THE BIG MOO along with the bruscetta.
- Rest for 2 minutes
- Top the toasted baguettes with the cheese and the bruschetta mix, or leave the toast out and just have the bruschetta on the BIG MOO squares.
- Serve your BIG MOO bruschetta with a drizzle balsamic glaze.