Baby Portobello Panini
If you are Keto, Vegetarian or Gluten-Free, this is the sandwich for you! Savory sauteed mushrooms get stuffed between THE BIG MOO and griddled to perfection.
- 1 8oz package of THE BIG MOO OH SO ORIGINAL OR ROASTED GARLIC
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8oz Baby Portobello Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon thyme stemmed
- ½ teaspoon rosemary stemmed and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, butter shallots, and mushrooms. Sitting frequently, cook the mushrooms until they begin to turn golden brown. Toss in the thyme, rosemary and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the herbs are fragrant and mushrooms and golden brown and have reduced to half their initial size. Turn off the heat.
- Slice THE BIG MOO horizontally, keeping each half whole but splitting the thickness. Using each side of cheese as a piece of bread, assemble the sandwich layering 1 side of cheese, the mushroom mixture in the center, and top with another piece of cheese.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add the cheese sandwich to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook each side until extra golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side or use a panini press. Serve immediately.