8 Facts about Wisconsin Cheese
1. The Dairy State boasts more national and international cheese awards than anywhere in the world. THE BIG MOO Baked Cheese won not 1 but 2 first place awards at The World Cheese Championships in 2022.
2. Wisconsin makes one-quarter of all the cheese in the U.S. and roughly one-half of all the artisan cheese.
3. Ninety percent of Wisconsin milk is made into cheese. That’s more than 2.8 billion pounds of cheese per year, or 11 pounds for each person in the United States. It takes 8 pounds of milk to make 1 pound of THE BIG MOO.
4. Wisconsin produces 600 varieties of cheese. And 5 sear-iously good flavors of THE BIG MOO Baked Cheese.
5. Wisconsin is home to more than 13 festivals dedicated specifically to cheese. Look for THE BIG MOO Baked Cheese at festivals this summer and at the Dane County Farmers Market on Saturday mornings.
6. There are nearly 100 cheese factories across the state. THE BIG MOO Baked Cheese is based is Cottage Grove, Wisconsin.
7. Wisconsin is the only state that requires a license to make cheese—and home to the only Master Cheesemaker program outside of Europe. THE BIG MOO was developed by Master Cheesemakers.
8. UW Madison established the nation’s first dairy school. THE BIG MOO baked cheese is working with the dairy school to make our cheese even more delicious.