THE BIG MOO Flank Steak Pinwheels
Flank Steak Pinwheels are an excellent keto dinner stuffed with roasted garlic baked cheese, peppers, onions and spinach.
- 1 packTHE BIG MOO CHEESE ROASTED GARLIC (halved)
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 Tbsp SPG Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic)
- 2 oz white cooking wine
- Butcher twine
- 5 -6” wood skewers
- Sauté the bell pepper and onions in white wine on high heat for 2-3 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Pound out the flank steak to 1/2 inch thickness and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the halved roasted garlic cheese, sautéed peppers, & onions, then the spinach.
- Pressing firmly, roll up into a roll.
- Lay out the butcher twine, 2-3 inches apart and tie into individual steaks , skewering also to help maintain the shape.
- Season the outside with more SPG and cut in half, making sure during this entire process to not cut the string.
- Cook on medium heat, 250 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove and finish cutting into individual steaks.
- Finish cooking on high heat, 2-3 minutes per side until it reaches an internal temperature of 128.
- Remove from heat and rest on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
*Note: This recipe can be made using a cast-iron skillet
If you liked our Flank Steak pinwheels, try our BIG MOO Margarita Skillet